Polar Equine Healthcheck
or 4 payments of $99.75 with
1 in stock (can be backordered)
Polar Equine Healthcheck Heart Rate Monitor
When you need to check your horse’s heart rate quickly and easily, Polar Equine Healthcheck provides the most optimal solution. Just place the handlebar against the horse’s coat and see the heart rate on the free Polar Equine app within seconds. With Polar Equine Healthcheck, monitoring your horse’s resting and recovery heart rate is easier than ever.
This package includes:
- Polar H10 heart rate sensor
- Polar Handlebar
- User Manuel
NOTE: PACKAGE DOES NOT INCLUDE RECEIVER (WATCH).
The Polar Equine app is available for free on Google Play for android handsets, for example – Samsung handset. Polar do not offer an Equine app for iPhone users.
Editor’s Note: I have confirmed with Polar HQ that the Equine product range H10 sensors are the same for humans. Therefore I have tested this on my own endurance horses using the human Polar app (Polar Beats) on my iPhone. The Heart Rate displays faster than the old model especially in the cold weather. I just had to set the app up for myself on the iPhone & pair it with the handlebar which only took a couple of minutes. If you have a Bluetooth compatible Polar watch, you can connect it to that also.
INSTALL: For instructions on how to install the Equine app for android handsets, go to https://support.polar.com/en/how-to-install-the-polar-equine-app
FEATURES: To read about its features, go to https://support.polar.com/en/polar-equine-app-features
SUPPORT: Polar Equine Healthcheck > https://support.polar.com/en/equine-h10-healthcheck
iPhone: Set-up first time only
- App Store > type in Polar Beat in the Search bar > Search > Polar Beat: Running > Press the cloud button to download the app > Open
- Polar Beat would like to Use Bluetooth > press OK
- You can Sign in (set-up an account) however if you just want to get started press the Continue button, fill approximate details in for yourself > Continue > Allow Polar Beat to use your location “Allow while using App”
- Ensure the handlebar is placed on the horses near side behind the elbow or if a horse isn’t handy place on yourself below the breast line
- Click Settings > click HR Sensor > Polar H10 ID will display > click PAIR > click close > click back > click training > heart rate will appear in blue circle top LHS > to commence a training session > click start
- Once the device is paired, all you will need to do for future sessions as along as the horse has the handlebar presses against it you just need to open the app & click start.
Polar Equine Healthcheck
Great for checking heart rate when strapping. Very accurate - I'm a vet so I have measured it against my stethoscope & got the same reading