Myler MB04 Eggbutt Comfort Snaffle
The MB04 is similar to the MB02 in that it will rotate on the tongue and apply tongue pressure, however, it has a small (¼") port that introduces some tongue relief to the horse. The port allows the horse to swallow and move his tongue when he is moving forward and relaxed, which acts as a release or reward. The mouthpiece is curved, and it wraps around the bars and lips instead of pinching.
- Level 2
- Low Port Comfort Snaffle without Hooks
- Independent Side Movement
- Stainless Steel Mouthpiece with Copper Inlay
- Curved mouthpiece does not pinch lips and bars
- USEF 2012 and FEI 2016 Dressage Legal. Consult rulebook for more information.
- Size: 3 ½" rounded ring
- Action: Direct
- Discipline: English or Western
Notes: The MB04 provides an excellent transition from Level One to Level Two. It is suitable for a wide range of horses including green horses, experienced horses entering the Myler System, horses that have been ridden exclusively in a single-jointed mouthpiece, or horses that have not been ridden for a while needing re-schooling.
An eggbutt is a traditional cheek style which keeps the mouthpiece from draping on the tongue, providing a more direct signal than the loose ring. The straight side of eggbutt will not pull through the mouth and does not pinch.