Restore Paste Twin Pack - contains 2 x 60g Tubes. Buffered Oral Electrolyte Paste for Horses that Sweat
A carefully formulated electrolyte paste to match the composition of sweat. Restore Paste is an easy-to-administer product that includes a buffering agent designed to support gastrointestinal comfort in horses.
When horses sweat they lose electrolytes, with the principal losses being chloride, sodium, potassium, and magnesium. If these essential nutrients are not replenished, the consequences may include dehydration, muscular weakness, overheating, fatigue, and poor performance.
Restore is designed to replenish electrolytes in any situation where horses may have sweated, particularly after training, travel, racing, competition, or during hot weather.
Restore is sugar–free and does not contain any alkalinising agents.
Why use Restore?
- Easy-to-administer oral paste
- Formulated to match the composition of horse sweat to provide balanced electrolyte replacement
- Assists in stimulation of thirst response and rehydration
- Some performance horses are prone to gastric ulcers, and electrolytes can aggravate irritated stomach tissue. Restore Paste includes a buffering agent designed to support gastrointestinal comfort
When to use Restore
- Replenishment of electrolytes lost in sweat
- Working and performance horses
- Prior to travel, throughout competition, and post event
Why use electrolytes?
Electrolytes are mineral salts that play an important role in maintaining osmotic pressure, fluid balance, nerve, and muscle activity. Loss of electrolytes causes fatigue, muscle weakness, and decreases the thirst response. Whenever exercising and sweating, electrolytes should be incorporated into the horse’s diet.
Equine athletes produce copious quantities of sweat during exercise, especially in hot and humid environments. Working horses can easily excrete 15 litres of sweat during a competition, making electrolyte supplementation and adequate water intake essential.
- During competition - administer one tube for every 45 minutes of work divided evenly throughout the day.
- Travelling Horses - Preload with half to one tube of Restore Paste 2 hours before travel. Give one tube every 4-6 hours whilst in transit. Electrolytes are best administered following a large drink of water or when water is freely available.
Note: Consult your local rules of racing regarding race–day use.
Note: Always allow free–choice access to fresh, clean water following supplementation with electrolytes. A veterinarian should be consulted before feeding electrolytes to a horse that is not willing to drink water.