Equine Rocktape 5m x 5cm Roll
- Equine RockTape is a type of sports tape with a unique adhesive perfect for all equestrian sports.
- Each roll has 5 metres of Equine RockTape that is 5cm in width.
- Included is an instruction sheet for the most popular applications for both the horse and rider.
What is Equine RockTape?
Unlike traditional rigid tape which utilises compression and immobilization in treatment, Equine RockTape activates the nervous and circulatory systems to initiate healing and is used to assist in the treatment of:
Injured muscles – Equine RockTape is applied along the length of the injured muscle and as the elastic tape recoils it lifts the skin from the tissue below. This has an effect of:
- reducing the sensation of pain
- promoting circulation assisting in the reduction of any swelling or bruising and enhancing the blood flow to the injured muscle.
- Biomechanical dysfunction – Equine RockTape provides support or stability without restricting the range of motion.
- Postural dysfunction – Equine RockTape improves the proprioceptive feedback to the area which assists in the retraining of the muscles that maintain the correct posture.
Equine RockTape is used to enhance performance in reducing the negative effects of fatigue. That is, it doesn’t necessarily make an athlete’s performance greater than baseline measures, but can reduce the drop off in performance that is often evident when fatigue is a factor.
- Improve endurance as the increased circulation can assist to improve the supply of oxygen to muscles and the removal of the lactic acid.
- Improve recovery time after intense training sessions or races, as the increased circulation assists in the removal of waste products such as lactic acid.
Equine RockTape can be used as either a sole or an adjunctive treatment in equine or canine therapy. It can be used to reduce or control pain, manage swelling or oedema, increase joint range of motion and muscle function, and maintain a level of functionality and comfort for the horse throughout the rehabilitation process. It can also be used to assist the equine to maintain functionality and comfort in training and assist with recovery, thus facilitating overall soundness in the equine athlete.
Key symptoms that Equine RockTape may assist with:
- Muscle Strains or Tear
- Muscle Stiffness
- Post Acupuncture / Body Work Inflammation
- Prolong the Effects of Myofacial Release
- Tendonitis, Tendonopathy or Desmitis
- Rehabilitation, Management and/or Prevention of Movement Dysfunctions
Safety It is important to note that some horses may behaviorally react to the Equine RockTape, just as they would a nuisance fly on their skin. This is due to the horse’s highly evolved proprioception mechanism that is regulated and monitored from receptors located in the muscles, tendons and joints. Always position yourself in a safe place in relation to the horse when applying Equine RockTape. It is advisable to lunge the horse once the tape has been applied to determine the effect of the tape on the horse, prior to riding.